Here at Evanston Family Therapy Center, we provide both consultation and workshops for th ose interested in exploring the practice of narrative therapy for individuals, families, institutions, and communities.
We keep groups small by design so that we may tailor our teaching to the contexts and interests of group members, as well as adjust our programs to fit with how quickly participants acquire skills. Our ongoing programs are taught by Jill Freedman and Gene Combs, who work closely with every group member and support them in their learning and projects. We also host guest faculty from time to time. In addition to Michael White, David Epston, Vicki Dickerson, Bill Madsen, and Jim Duvall and Karen Young have all presented here in recent years.
You can use this website to:
- Learn about narrative therapy and the people at Evanston Family Therapy Center
- Contact us to schedule a consultation or inquire about counseling services
- Sign up for our e-mail updates
- View our current offerings for workshops and trainings
- Donate to Evanston Family Therapy Center
We are an approved provider of continuing education credits (CECs) by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation for social workers (LCSW/LSW), professional counselors (LPC/LCPC), and marriage and family therapists (MFT).